Roger Mertens: quality in abundance in the breeding loft + AuctionPosted on 07/10/2020, Author: Pitts
The strategy of the champion from St-Truiden is well known: Buy eggs and late youngsters from the absolute top lofts of the Belgian pigeon sport.
Roger has pigeons from Jos Thoné (several descendants in the auction), Caesaert-Senechal, Patricia Verhaegen, Erwin Geeraerts, Chris Clerbaurt, Verreckt-Ariën, Gebrs. Herbots, Guido Loockx, Karlo Van Rompaye, Vanoppen-Luyten, Wim Kempeneers, Gino Clicque, Dirk Verstichelen, etc. .. But also from their own old stock come toppers every year.
With this basis, it is not surprising that top performances have been delivered in recent years.
First semi-national champion youngsters of the Club de Fond Wallonie. Limburg champion youngsters long distance. 1st and 2nd Ace pigeon yearlings long distance and third champion of Limburg yearlings long distance. First ace pigeon light long distance old South-East Limburg and federal Sint-Truiden. First general ace pigeon federal Sint-Truiden and first ace pigeon in the Trudo league. Sixth semi-national ace pigeon old pigeons in the light long distance.
One Loft races
Roger has become, together with his friend Jan Leyen (Maaseik), the specialist in the one-loft races. In 2015, 'Terres', a pigeon bred by Roger, managed to win the tough Derby Aruna one-loft race in Tenerife. In the same race 'Leonardo' became 3rd international ace pigeon.
Also in the final of the one-loft race in Bulgaria, flown under tropical weather conditions, Roger was the only Belgian participant who could clock two pigeons on the day of the release.
In the semifinal of Derby Arona Tenerife 2016 edition, a group of friends, of which Roger is part, win a super de luxe Mercedes for the second time in a few months,….
Gunther Smet (Lokeren) won 1st Interprovincial Jarnac and 1st + 2nd prov. Jarnac. Both pigeons were bred from a direct Roger Mertens pigeon.
Top pigeon Radja
In 2018 “Radja” won the 1st prov. Angouléme. That Radja 15-2177972 is not a one-day fly, his other (provincial) results prove:
- Jarnac 61/547
- Tulle 61/841
- Limoges 50/1524
- Brive 129/901
- Limoges 5/584
- Libourne 3/340
- Tulle 96/650
- Bergerac 59/250
- Limoges 211/1413
- Cahors 39/583
- Brive 21/783
- Limoges 35/512
- Libourne 68/303
- Angouleme 1/281 and fastest of 618 pigeons from Limburg
- These results are all provincial.
The bloodlines of top pigeon "Radja" are abundantly present in the selection of young pigeons 2019, which Roger offers in a remarkable auction, which is currently running through Pitts. No fewer than 6 direct children of this top racer and breeder are offered.
Other toppers in the breeding:
- Line Milleke van Zepperen: 6th in S-final derby Arona-Tenerife (Patricia Verhaegen-Cleirbout / Thoné)
- Jos Thoné pigeons directly from the best lines in As.
- Jan Leyen (Maaseik): from the winners one-loft derby Arona Tenerife 2015/2017.
- Karlo Van Rompaey
- Ariën De Keyser (line Leeuw - Marcel Wouters).
- The 269/13, the 1st prov. Ace pigeon year. 2014 + 18th nat. Ace pigeon year. 2014 (Herbots x Thoné)
An exceptional opportunity to acquire something from Roger Mertens' carefully composed and proven breeding loft. The ideal pigeon for competitions from sprint to light long distance.
This sale includes
- Children / grandchildren "Radja" 1st Provincial Angouleme 14/14 long distance
- Half brother / sister "Radja" 1st Provincial Angouleme 14/14 long distance
- Grandchildren "De Jos" 1st National Bourges X Line "Wout" 14X prize
- Grandchildren "Terres" winner Derby Arona Tenerife
- Super line "Hattrick" 1st National Bourges
- Grandchildren "Roemelu" 4/4 in the long distance, 4th Provincial Ace pigeon, 1st Ace pigeon South-East Limburg
- Grandchildren "De kleine Sagan" 4/4 long distance
- Sister "Wout" 14x prize middle distance 11/10
To overview of reports
Om te reageren dient u aangemeld